Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prepping For a Project

Well, it certainly has been some time since I've posted here. Things have been quite busy. Even with the large amount of work going on, we have still managed to get some stuff done around the house.

Here are a couple of photos showing the beginning stage of another project we are starting on.


The back of my truck full of bricks. We found these brand new bricks for sale on craigslist. It came out to just under $0.11 a brick, not too bad since new bricks can easily cost 5 times that much.


Ten bricks on my bathroom scale weighed 36 pounds, therefore each brick averages 3.6 pounds. We had 455 bricks in the bed of the truck (as well as a heavy full-size spare tire with steel wheel which weighs a lot). If I hauled this kind of load more often, I would consider replacing the old leaf springs in the rear, but as is, the truck handled the load very well. It also helped that I serviced all four brakes earlier in the year.


Here are all the bricks neatly stacked and eagerly awaiting their job. What job will that be? I'll let you guess until we are done and post the results.

1 comment:

Truck Lowering Suspension Parts said...

Your truck must be quite powerful to handle a load of bricks like that. I like it.